Safeguarding Awareness

Safeguarding Adults and the Care Act

Under the law, Councils must make sure people with care and support needs can live safely. This is called Safeguarding. Safeguarding means stopping abuse.

If a Council thinks someone is at risk from abuse they have to check whats happening if:

  •  a person has care needs
  • and the person cant protect themselves

How do I tell someone about abuse?

If you think an adult is being abused or neglected you should report it. Do this:

  • Phone the Council on: 01905 768053
  • In an emergency call: 999

See our Safeguarding leaflet for further information:

Safeguarding Adults

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website